• Her backstory and stuff is more in depth in those 2 pics
• Basically though, think of this as a "Devil Trigger" from the Devil May Cry series. When these guardians activate their trigger, they are more in tune with the phoenix, and are able to be more powerful.
• Ohmahgawd, I'm finally done though! ...sorta xD. I have plans to turn this into a watercolor project for my art course.
• How do you all like the color? Personally, her wings make me think of tye-dye shirts
• And damn you scanner for speckling it! Ugh, that's the one thing I hate with pencil crayons, scanning screws up your pic.
You pay a wicked amount of detail to this picture. I am absolutely shocked by the myriads of patterns, colors, textures, curves - everything! And to be able to put all these aspects together into one working artwork of such a majestic and mighty character has me placed at awe.
Personally, I'm more fond of monotone or limited palette than an all-out range of colors. But you've arranged the many colors in such a way that the work maintains a sense of uniformity. It appears the warm colors are set inwards (with red and orange at dead center), with cooler colors spreading out. Good choice.
Have you tried doing scanner preview and playing around with the default color settings to bring out the colors you want to? I'm still trying to get the scanner to sing in my key myself.
This is much more impressive than the origional line art I first encountered of this piece. Her dramatic appearence make me want to know more about her story in detail, but that's just me being me~♪ She's very beautiful~♥
I've messed with the scanner a bit, but if it's not something that I find that is a real bother, or that I can hide with color ^_^, then I usually would just mess with it a bit in GIMP instead.
As with her story, I'm still fleshing it out I suppose, just random ideas here and there, but thank you so much <3. I think that she is more of a goddess or a graceful guardian, but it's always fun having people interpret things themselves